The annual Self-Assessment tax return can be a time consuming and often confusing business for busy individuals. And judging by the hundreds of thousands of taxpayers who are penalised by HM Revenue & Customs each year it can also be very costly if deadlines are missed, incorrect returns are sent or the correct records are not retained or presented.
We aim to spare you all these headaches and free up your valuable time by offering a comprehensive Individual Self-Assessment service, including:
- Liaising with your bank, building society, stockbrokers etc to gather the relevant data for your annual returns
- Calculating your tax liability
- Completing and filing your tax return on your behalf
- Advising you when various payments are due and how much to pay
- Advising on appropriate record retention
- Introducing you to any relevant tax saving ideas
- Representing you in the event of your being selected for investigation by the HM Revenue & Customs
We also assist property owners with property taxation, including the taxation of rents from residential and commercial properties.
The 2016 to 2017 tax year ended 5 April 2017. The main deadlines are:
For more details visit Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- paper tax returns - midnight 31 October 2017
- online tax returns - midnight 31 January 2018
- final payment of any tax due - midnight 31 January 2018
Making Tax Digital - HMRC want all individuals and businesses to be reporting their tax affairs online by 2020 Click here to find out How we can help you get ready!
Taxes … don’t pay more than you need to. For more information please contact Dawn Clarkson